Let’s chat about colour correction.
Here at Mondoo, colour correction is an important topic and we treat it with due respect.
Some may think we are miracle workers. Well yes, to some extent we are. But when it comes to colour correcting from black / brown to the lightest blonde, it isn’t always achievable with a one sitting service, such as our balayage or foil service.
Some people will book in for a standard full head of foils, or balayage, hoping to be 6 shades lighter, hoping to leave with a clean white blonde… LET’S JUST STOP HERE.
Removing darker pigment from your hair, also taking into account how many layers of colour have been applied in the past, will determine how many levels of lift you will achieve in the one application.
Colour correction is an expensive service and requires a lot of maintenance during the whole process, such as treating and toning, depending on how big the change is (for example, black to ice blonde).
Some transformations are much simpler and don’t require as much work.
When our hair colourists and stylists try to explain the reality of your hair colour correction situation, it’s important to think of the following few things:
- Am I willing to leave the salon with only being a few shades lighter, and not the exact desired colour? And am I good to come back in a few weeks and repeat the process until achieving my desired colour?
- Can I afford the ongoing costs?
- Am I willing to sacrifice some length? (Ongoing lightening will dry the ends and will likely require cutting.)
- Am I willing to buy professional haircare products to maintain the health of my hair?
- Will it bother me if I have warmth in my hair? Lifting from dark, my hair may still have warmth until my next visit.
Sometimes hair will surprise us and lift extremely well, but a hairdresser can’t know how well your hair will lift with out knowing your colour history.
Come in for a complimentary consultation to talk about the process of getting to your desired colour. We highly recommend it and we’ll also be able to quote. Then we can book you in for the appropriate service and allow enough time for the service.